FEEDBACK / SUGGESTION: Voting Tier System / Chat Editing / Age System

Banter

Reaction score
IGN: WiffyBanter
DATE: 24/05/2020
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Multiple suggestions that can be added in the near future for Roleplay Maker. Some of these have already been pitched to Duckings. A lot of these could be already planned for the future but I am going to throw my ideas in here anyway.

Tier System - I believe that when and if a 'Leaderboard' of the top featured servers is to appear at spawn or in the Roleplay Maker Menu I believe it should be the players decision. Servers should have a voting system. This can work either with players being able to vote as many as they want or work only allowing them to vote for ONE server, best example would be Discord Server Boosting.

Age System - Most RP's are going to want the best customization possible, allowing them to edit how players can age up in their RP's is something that will change most RP's. This can possibly be added for those more advanced players who really want to customize the system of their servers.

Chat Editing - This is pretty simple but it basically allows players to edit the settings for their chat. This can be anything from the radius of certain things like /y or /w. It also could allow for servers to have their own blacklisted words.

GUI / Command Compatibility - This suggestion is something I am sure is going to be added in the future, but for those who do not like the hassle of going through the GUI and prefer a more advanced way of getting stuff done, they can easily do everything you can do on a GUI to COMMANDS.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Reaction score
All of the suggestions above would be a great implementation, though with things going the way they are at the moment, I do believe that later down the road it would be implemented, at least half of them, though, in early stages such as of right now, bugs and others should be a priority.

An aging system would be great just like how it is on SRP, though different. This could be used if someone creates a PrisonRP or even a ranking up type of RP like MMO.

As for a tier system I believe that having a voting system may be good, as, for something like yelp, people can rate their experience, and give it stars. I also believe that a new hub should be implemented to give it a better look overall.

As for chat editing, I do believe to an extent that would be a decent idea, though I do believe there should be more customization to an extent.

A GUI would be a good thing, I also believe a sorting system, where you could implement so that everything is easier to navigate.

Akin

Reaction score
I agree with almost everything that Banter said/mentioned.

TIER SYSTEM: I don't really believe this should be added. There will most likely be a bunch of bias votes and with bias votes the featured server leader board wouldn't be that helpful. An alternative to this method would be to keep the voting system, but instead of them being featured, there should be a way to only filter out plots that has high votes on it.

AGE SYSTEM: I do agree with this one. There should be something similar to the /grade system on SRP. I also think that the age of someone should display in the IC chat system.

CHAT EDITING: I feel like this could get out of hand. Players will mess around with this a lot, and it'd be a bunch of confusion. I think it'd just be better off with the radius set now. Everyone is already used to it as well.

GUI / COMMAND . . : This would be a really good invention. The GUI isn't always the best/most efficient source when it comes to setting up your plot, perms, etc. It'd be a lot easier to just type a command out in chat to give players roles, perms, etc.

Additional Note: I think that adding too many features for players could get out of hand and chaotic. Maybe only servers that will get officialized should be able to have all sorts of plugins and whatnot. (My personal Opinion)

coffeeccubus

Reaction score
The suggestions look decent and pretty good all in all, but I think honestly, the voting tier thing might be a bit spammy. I'd be okay with it if I am able to turn off server messages (except resets and such).

RoseRP

Reaction score
Trial System: I don't agree with this, It seems more of a hassle for the players and it seems unneeded. It doesn't serve much of a purpose and this could lead to some possible bias. In general kind of a bad idea but if it was more thorough on the types of the roleplay like a ranking system based on genre's to make that sort of a leaderboard would be better.

Age System: +1 we could absolutely use a Aging System for servers!

Chat Editing: +1000, please god yes.

GUI/Command is a Yes for me.

Like mentioned before, Bias is a thing - and it can heavily impact voting in general so be careful!

Shaggy

Reaction score
Trial System: I don't agree with this, It seems more of a hassle for the players and it seems unneeded. It doesn't serve much of a purpose and this could lead to some possible bias. In general kind of a bad idea but if it was more thorough on the types of the roleplay like a ranking system based on genre's to make that sort of a leaderboard would be better.

Age System: +1 we could absolutely use a Aging System for servers!

Chat Editing: +1000, please god yes.

GUI/Command is a Yes for me.

Like mentioned before, Bias is a thing - and it can heavily impact voting in general so be careful!
Though bias is a thing, I actually believe 99.9 of us here have openly agreed to most things listed, so I actually think that we have been doing pretty good on that end.

Im6

six
Staff member
Owner
Reaction score
DENIED

- Thanks for the feedback however we've chosen to deny MOST this except for:

The GUI commands & age displayment, we'll get to work on that right-away​